Post Office and Library
Our stock of more than 3,000 fiction and non-fiction books is regularly refreshed by B&NES Library Services. In addition to providing a range of library services, we are part of the LibrariesWest consortium which allows you to borrow books from any of the consortium’s 150+ libraries. Your library card gives you access to their services. Our volunteers will be happy to help you or demonstrate how to access any of the services provided by LibrariesWest or by RBdigital for electronic magazines at www.librarieswest.org.uk or www.rbdigital.com
Saltford Community Library is staffed by more than 60 volunteers. We are always pleased to add to our numbers so, if you think you might be interested in joining us, please contact us. You can also ask one of the library volunteers for a copy of the Volunteer Application Form.
We stock a range of stationery and attractive cards, some of which are designed by local artists. The sale of merchandise helps supports the library. Our Volunteers would be pleased to show you our stock and make a sale.
We offer the following services:
- Letters, Parcel Services and Stamps
- Travel money: We hold Euros, Dollars and Travel Cards and you can pre-order 70 currencies for next day collection
- Personal Banking: You can withdraw cash using your bank card, or deposit cash and cheques using a paying in slip
- Business Banking: Businesses can pay in up to £2,000 cash in a single transaction. Sterling cheques can be paid in without any limit. You will need a paying in slip for both cash and cheques. A business bank card or a debit card is required to obtain change for your business by making a “Change Request”
- We sell Postal Orders and you can pay Bills, Top up Mobile Phones and buy E-Vouchers, Electricity Keys & Gas Cards
- Our One4all gift card can be spent at over 120 high street shops and brands
- You can buy or renew your vehicle tax and we also sell health lottery cards and fishing licences